It can be easy to forget that driving is a privilege, and it can make for a rude awakening when you or someone you know faces the threat of having their driving privileges taken away. If you have been arrested for or charged with drunk or reckless driving, DUI, DWAI, or repeatedly violating traffic safety, you run the risk of having your license suspended. Protect yourself and your ability to drive with some these driving safety suggestions:
- Don’t Get Tickets: Driving irresponsibly can be a crime. If you’ve established a bad habit of driving recklessly, make a conscious choice and effort to change. Obey speed limits and stop signs, and start adapting a “safety-first” mindset.
- Don’t Drink and Drive: Whether or not you are facing a DUI charge or arrest, getting pulled over with any amount of alcohol in your system can have serious consequences. Always err on the side of safety: designate a sober driver, call a friend, or hail a cab home if you’ve had a drink.
- Do Cooperate. When pulled over, drivers can be rude and abrasive in their interactions with law enforcement officials. While you do have the right to deny a field sobriety test, also show respect and be polite. If you want to refuse something, simply state that you respectfully refuse to answer questions on advice of counsel.
- Do Hire a Good Attorney. An experienced, knowledgeable, and reputable DUI attorney can help you take action and defend yourself against a DUI conviction. A solid DUI defense may mean the difference between severe consequences -- possibly jail time-- and more mild repercussions.
- Do Try to Understand the Law: There are plenty of online and in-person resources available that can help you translate complicated legal jargon into information you can understand. Take advantage of these free resources, and, if you have hired one, talk to your lawyer about your questions and concerns.
To take advantage of the best DUI defense team in Denver and Colorado, call The Orr Law Firm LLC. We focus exclusively on DUI defense cases and believe in offering high-quality representation to every client. Call us today at (720) 279-9588.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.